Thursday, April 14, 2011

Our first signs of Spring

Well if the weather isn't fully cooperating yet for Spring, at least the greenhouse in Meijer Gardens is. We went to check out the butterflies and convince Megan not to freak out at them. She was mildly successful.

This isn't too surprising. I've noticed she is a very tentative person, not prone to taking risks. She'll watch other kids at an activity until she feels like she has it down. And for the most part I think this is a great trait to have. Hopefully later in life it will be the same device that keeps her away from peer pressure in negative situations. But for now? I just want her to not show fear at times. She refuses to go down a slide headfirst even if I model the behavior (which I KNOW isn't the most productive if I'm trying to get her to  do other things properly). Oh well. She's still a riot to hang out with, and despite her nervousness with the butterflies, we still had a great time.

Also, if you look carefully Megan has a 'friend' in several pictures. We helped a friend out with a 'Flat Stanley' project too. He stayed happy the whole time.



No comments: