Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wanna see my party?


We celebrated Megan's third birthday this afternoon ... want a sneak peek of the festivities? Of course you do. As with every other holiday that has involved gifts for Megan (Christmas, birthday, a random Saturday, etc.) we say we're going to tone down the amount she receives THIS time. Well, yet another holiday has come and gone where we have failed at that task.

Personally, I blame Jillian's trip to IKEA yesterday in which she bagged an easel, some art supplies, a train set, a play mat, and a tent. This is in addition to stuff in the closet we had decided not to give her at Christmas because we had too much stuff already. 

But when you see that face ... how can you say no? This year we were able to avoid the cartoon character theme and went with more of a butterfly and flowers motif. However if you look closely at the birthday cake I'm sure Eric Carle and "The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar" probably want some royalties.

Anyway, enjoy the pics. I promise there were actual people at her party, she just didn't pose with any of them long enough for a picture.









3 comments:

Courtney said...

I cannot believe she's 3. I mean, I know it's been coming for a while, but seriously.....cannot believe it. I figure if I magnify my love for her by about a billion, that's how you guys feel....Happy Bday Meg!!

Christina said...

Happy Birthday Megan!!! It's a great year to be 3! Next year will be even more special as you'll have a 29th day of February to celebrate! Love your Auntie Christina

Sarah and Jake said...

Happy Birthday Megan! You are adorable!
Love, The Speeds